About Me


About me??? Who am I? Seems like a loaded question.  Most people would probably say I'm the quite quaint gal who smiles more then humanly possible, who wears her heart on her sleeve.  The mother who has her hands full with four kids. Well that's at least what people passing the shopping cart at Publix say.  Four kids that's so extreme in today's society.  But really four kids... not that huge of a deal.Were simply pro-life is all.  Each one of these lives bring us great joy. I am wife to a band director... well that can be intense. Actually he's my best friend. I love being a wife.  I love my husband and the bond that God has blessed us with.  I love family life, there is no greater adventure.  Yet, I am not a perfect iconic Donna Read style wife mother either, nor do I want to be.  I stumble everyday, my kids whine, I lose my poise and whine right back at them, "when's bed time again, and can you just stop it already".  Yet it seems I spend a good deal of time lamenting at how fast these four blondies are growing up!  They amaze me everyday.  My husband amazes me everyday, with the compassion he shows my habitual (well intended, of course) nagging ways. I simply tend to be to detail oriented with a twist of skepticism that is unnatural to those of my generation.
My second passion is theology.  I am a Lutheran, confessional and conservative, if that makes it make any more sense. I recently completed my Lay Ministry Certification though Concordia Mequon.  God willing I hope to work in a congregational setting someday.  In the meantime I study and desire to continue my education. Actually my love for God's Word feeds my love for family vocation.

But at the end of the day I am a sinner who needs a savior.  My life is full of crosses that I can not carry, but Jesus has taken them up for me.  Purchased and redeemed me.  Carried back to my Father in heaven and called me his Child simply though His Word and some water.  I am baptized. Through simple faith that Christ has given to me through a regenerated life, I pray that in all my doings I may be faithful and bear fruit, that I may be a blessing, pointing others to Christ's forgiveness for them.
On this blog you will finding musings on faith, life, and family.  One thing that concerns me is that lack of truly faithful resources for children's devotions.  I  hope to post something of that nature up here as well.  I hope to share myself, faith and Christ through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment